Sunday, May 15, 2011

Soledad

I've tried each day to set myself into believing that the best way to listen to the sounds of nature and to bathe your eyes into the wonders of the world is to do it all by yourself, thus avoiding distractions, or getting strayed. It's the grapes are sour story... The easy way out in any situation.

And yet there comes a time when doing things on your own is no longer that much fun, but rather tedious and heavy burden. Just walking in the forest, or going to a concert, instead of filling your heart with joy and exhilaration, leaves muddy traces over an already ailing soul, and a tremendous feeling of exhaustion. You get so tired of it all...

And since you keep smiling, somehow I daresay, stupidly, some lines come into my mind... The way I hear them now in my mind they belong to Freddy and were written by Buck Ram:

Oh yes I’m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Pretending I’m doing well (ooh ooh)
My need is such I pretend too much
I’m lonely but no one can tell

Oh yes I’m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Adrift in a world of my own (ooh ooh)
I play the game but to my real shame
You’ve left me to dream all alone

Too real is this feeling of make believe
Too real when I feel what my heart can’t conceal

Ooh ooh yes I’m the great pretender (ooh ooh)
Just laughing and gay like a clown (ooh ooh)
I seem to be what I’m not (you see)
I’m wearing my heart like a crown
Pretending that you’re still around

No comments: