Monday, April 5, 2010

spring at night

It has snowed tonight- the blizzard of dozens flowers blossoming in spring... They say all cats are black at night. I say all trees in bloom are covered in snow at night. I am looking outside my window in the solitary night and all I see are what appear to be snowflakes gently dancing in the night breeze- and still despite my treacherous eyes, other sense tells me I'm wrong.

They must be petals thickly covering each branch in a very unique bond, as I can smell the daffodils and the fresh cherry flowers. It is definitely spring again, and despite the green gaining more and more ground each day, at night black and white take the power. I wonder which is stronger- the all covering dark, or rather the white- pale and yet capable of making itself seen in spite of the dark?

....and it all started from a pink tree gently dancing on the tune of wind on a spring night....

1 comment:

Patches said...

I love walking around in the moonlight.
I liked this entry very much.
I had never heard that all cats are black at night before but it makes sense to me that they would be.
There would be no light without dark.

You should write a full novel, a mystery.